The 29th Constitutional Convention of the Canadian Labour Congress (CLC) will be held from Monday, May 4 to Friday, May 8, 2020 at the Vancouver Convention Centre.
The PSAC will be fully funding up to fourteen delegates to represent PSAC’s five equity groups: women, Indigenous peoples, racially visible peoples, persons with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ2+ communities. In addition to equity groups, the PSAC will fully fund up to seven young worker delegates.
The CLC definition of a young worker is a person 30 years of age or younger.
In order to be considered for selection as an equity delegate to the CLC Convention representing the PSAC, you will need:
1) to self-identify as a member of one of the equity groups mentioned above;
2) hold a union position within the PSAC;
3) be available for the full duration of the CLC Convention, including the PSAC caucus held on Sunday May 3, 2020 prior to the official start of the CLC Convention
4) attend the CLC equity caucuses and forums, which are held outside official Convention hours;
5) provide a report on the CLC Convention to the constituencies within the PSAC which you represent.
Please fill in the attached form and submit it by email (2020CLCEquity@psac-afpc.com) before Monday February 10, 2020, 5:00 PM EST. Your responses to the questions will be considered in the final selection of the equity delegates representing the PSAC. The final selection of the equity delegates to the CLC Convention will be made by the Alliance Executive Committee. An announcement will be made by February 21, 2020.
Click here for more information on the CLC convention.