FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Hay River, Northwest Territories (April 13, 2022)
The new tentative agreement reached in mediation this Winter was ratified on April 11 by the majority of PSAC/Union of Canadian Transportation Employees (UCTE) members working for ORSI in attendance at the ratification meeting.
The following provides some of the highlights of the new tentative agreement:
- Wage increases: totalling a compounded wage increase of 7.69% over the life of the new agreement.
- All allowances now tied to the increased cost of living in the Northwest Territories
- 28 weeks of compassionate care leave without pay
- Updated Maternity Leave and Child Care Leave article
- Sick Leave accumulated at a rate of one (1) day per month where the employee has received at least 10 days of pay.
- Expanded definition of discrimination in the agreement under Human Rights
“I’m happy that a fair deal was reached. PSAC/UCTE worked tirelessly in the last 12 months through the ups and downs of this negotiation. Members and their communities are the union’s priority,” says Lorraine Rousseau, PSAC North Regional Executive Vice President. “PSAC/UCTE members deliver key services along the Mackenzie River supply chain that communities rely on.”
For media inquiries, contact:
Regional Political Communications Officer