Members are invited to participate in an online ratification process on a Tentative Agreement reached between the Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) and the Union of Northern Workers (UNW); as announced on May 31, 2021. (Please see the Joint Media Release)
- Details of the tentative agreement will not be publicly released until the ratification process is completed.
- For Questions about the tentative agreement, please contact your UNW Local President or Regional Vice President.
Their contact information can be found on the UNW Contacts Page.
Only after you have attended the entire mandatory Information Session will your vote be counted.
Details for participation in the online vote on the tentative agreement follow below.
- The process of ratification involves voting Union Members first becoming informed of the essentials of the Agreement.
- NOTE: You must be a signed member in good standing of UNW/PSAC in order to be eligible to attend a Ratification Meeting – meaning, you must have completed the UNW Membership Application:
UNW Membership Application (fillable PDF)
- Before any Member may vote, the PSAC Constitution and Regulation 15B require them to attend a mandatory Information Session, (which should take no more than 30 minutes).
- These online sessions will be held on the Zoom interactive platform and will allow members to ask questions regarding the information being shared.
Please click the links in the table below to register for the Information Session of your choice.
- Registrations will close two hours prior to the start of each scheduled session.
- Voters who try to register after a given session’s registration deadline are not eligible to participate in that Zoom meeting.
- Therefore, please register for and attend a specific Information Session as soon as possible.
You will receive your vote information with your individual voting PIN (personal identification number) via your personal email (if we have that email address on file).
- This email will be sent June 24-25 by Intelivote Systems Inc., the company authorized to conduct the vote.
- If you do not receive the email with your PIN by Saturday, June 26, 2021, check your junk mail, then please contact the PSAC Yellowknife Regional Office at: YelAdmin@psac-afpc.com or 867.873.5670, or toll free at: 1.800.661.0870
- You do not need your voter PIN to register for an Information Session, so please register early.
- If we do not have your personal email, you will receive a package with your PIN by regular mail. This will take more time.
- If you would like to receive your PIN faster, please contact the PSAC Yellowknife Regional Office at: YelAdmin@psac-afpc.com or 867.873.5670, or toll free at: 1.800.661.0870
You must register for a Zoom Information Session (schedule and registration links below) with a personal email. You will receive a link to your Information Session after you register.
If you do not have a personal email address, please contact the PSAC Yellowknife Regional Office at: YelAdmin@psac-afpc.com or 867.873.5670 or toll free at: 1.800.661.0870. The Regional Office will assist you with registering for a meeting.
Registering with a work email will result in your registration being denied; you will be asked to re-register with a personal email.
NOTE: To ensure that your attendance is confirmed, each member must register individually for the Information Session, even if you reside in the same household with other bargaining unit members.
GNWT Ratification Vote – Mandatory Information Session Schedule:
Monday, June 28, 5:30 PM
Wednesday, June 30, 12:00 PM (NOON)
Tuesday, July 6, 12:00 PM (NOON)
Thursday, July 8, 5:30 PM
Monday, July 12, 5:30 PM
Wednesday, July 14, 12:00 PM (NOON)
Thursday, July 22, 12:00 PM (NOON)
Wednesday, July 28, 5:30 PM
Thursday, August 5, 12:00 PM (NOON)
Thursday, August 12, 5:30 PM
- Join the Zoom session a few minutes early to make sure you can log in and address technical issues.
- The best way to access the Information Session is online.
- Telephone: Please do not join by phone unless you have no other option, as you will not have access to the full presentation or “chat” function, and your attendance will not be automatically recorded in Zoom. However, if telephone is your only option, please do not hesitate to call in on one of the numbers provided in your confirmation message.
- Only after you have attended the entire mandatory Information Session will your vote be counted.
- The instructions on how to vote will be provided during the Information Session and again together with your confirmation of attendance email from Intelivote.
- You can vote by secret ballot with your PIN any time after attending an Information Session; but only if you vote before the ratification process closes at 11:59 p.m. (MDT) on August 15, 2021.