Public Speaking for Trade Unionists – Yellowknife
November 20th 2023
9 am - 5 pm
4910-53rd Street, Yellowknife NT, Training Rooms 2 and 3 on the main floor
Facilitator: Ian Brown, Regional Education Officer PSAC North
*** ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED ***
One of the biggest fears people have is speaking in public. As trade union activists you will have many opportunities to do so. Learn how to do it effectively and with the minimum amount of anxiety. This in-person course will provide you with some hints to help you overcome your fears and assist you in learning how to speak in public effectively.
Participants will learn to:
- Identify the key elements of effective public speaking.
- Discuss various techniques that speakers can use to control or handle fears associated with speaking in public
- Demonstrate how public speaking is a political act that can be a used for expressing ideas in various situations.
- Illustrate different variables that impact the delivery and techniques used for speaking in public.
- Define what feedback is and identify effective techniques for giving and receiving feedback.
- Prepare and deliver a short speech using the tools and techniques learned in the course.
Ian Brown, Regional Education Officer PSAC North, will be facilitating. Preference will be given to UNW convention delegates, PSAC North committee chairs and other PSAC North members that are required to speak publicly to promote union principles residing in the Northwest Territories.
If you require any additional information please contact Regional Education Officer Ian Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (867) 988-1979.