Hospital and Technical Support Services
(Yukon Employees Union & Public Service Alliance of Canada)
Mechanics, Rules and Regulations
- 1. The contest is open to all members of Y025 – Whitehorse General Hospital employees and family (according to Collective Agreement Article 15.05 (a) (v)).
- 2. The contest duration is from July 16 , 2014 to September 30, 2014 (1800 hrs).
3. Eligible participants may submit one (1) entry per person.
4. Entries must be in digitized format (at least 600 dpi with a file extension of .jpg) and a
freehand illustration or drawing.
Logo details to include: Y025; Hospital & Technical Support Services, and a graphic.
a) The raw file of the digital artwork should be drawn/ illustrated in using Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator. Submit the file in the following formats:
i) Flat jpeg format, minimum 300 pixels
ii) Original raw file.
Filename :artists name and artwork title.
Example: Florence.nightengale-logo.jpeg, Florence.nightengale-logo.tiff.
b) Option two: freehand artworks which will shrink to 50cm x 50 cm for reproduction on portrait sized paper (8 x 11). Three colors maximum and the logo must photo copy in black and white. (no yellow).
c) The logo should not carry the name of the artist.
6. The design of the logo should reflect the work of the employees for Local Y025 Hospital and Technical Support Services.
7. By entering the competition, the participants declare that the logo submitted is their original work; art has not been submitted to any other competition, and the art does not infringe on any third party’s existing copyrights.
*Any complaints that may arise due to similarities, likeness or comparison of the design would be the accountability of the participant as they would be responsible to provide authenticity.
8. The logo-competition shall be judged according to the following criteria:
- ¬ Concept/Relevance – 40%
- ¬ Originality – 30%
- ¬ Creativity and Impact – 30%
9. .The Local Y025 Hospital and Technical Support Services shall also have exclusive rights to the logo design; publishing rights for websites and union materials such as letterheads, posters and envelopes. The Local Y025, Hospital and Technical Support Services reserves the right to liaise with artist to refine the final selection of artwork.
10. All entries submitted will be confidential and the winning entry shall be considered as property of Local Y025, Hospital and Technical Support Services. Artist will be announced publically and credited with the artwork design.
11. The winning entry will be chosen after September 30, 2014 by the Executive members of the Local Y025 Hospital and Technical Support Services. The decision of the executive is final.
12. All entries must be include:
- ¬ Details: Y025, Hospital & Technical Support Services and graphic
- ¬ Hard copy and a CD
- ¬ Name and contact information
- ¬ Eligibility verification: Name of Y025 employee and relationship
13 Awarding of the entry shall be completed by October 30, 2014. The winner shall be informed through email and/or telephone.
14 One winner shall be chosen and shall receive a $500.00 cash prize and recognition for their artwork..
Dianne Williams, President Y025
Whitehorse General Hospital, Specialist Clinic;
#5 Hospital Road, Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 3H7 or
Dianne Williams, President Y025 at: email@example.com
For further inquiries, please call :Dianne Williams (867) 332-4016 or
Share & Win!