2022 PSAC Yukon Mobilization Summit “Organize for Success”
September 12, 2022
9 am - 5:00 pm, Yukon time
Kwanlin Dun Cultural Centre - Whitehorse, YT
PSAC Whitehorse is pleased to invite Yukon members to join us
for our first face-to-face event since 2019, in an engaging
opportunity to connect with Yukon members in person!
The 2022 PSAC Yukon Mobilization Summit takes place Monday, September 12, 2022, 9am to 5:00 pm at the Kwanlin Dün Cultural Centre – Whitehorse, YT. This will be an in-person event.
By the end of this Summit, participants will:
• Be familiar with and have confidence in taking action in the virtual world: peer-to-peer texting, calling action tools, social media
• Have participated in building and testing regional strike structures and identified themselves and their co-workers as potential picket captains
• Know how to have hard one-on-one conversations about going on strike
• Have brainstormed and planned what a strike looks like during a pandemic for members’ workplaces
Summit participants will take part in one of four workshops on the main themes for this round of bargaining:
Equity in the Workplace;
Work / Life Balance;
People vs Profits – Building a Strong Public Sector; or
Most importantly, workshops around having hard conversations about the possibility of a strike, what striking looks like during a pandemic, and firming up our strike structures in preparation, will also take place.
If you are willing to fight for improvements to your collective agreement, we welcome your registration!
Those members in travel status for this Summit, as per the PSAC Travel Policy, will travel to Whitehorse on Sunday, September 11, and depart on Tuesday, September 13 – morning, unless otherwise authorized.
Loss of Salary and Per Diems
Participants that reside within 60 kilometres of the venue:
• Will be entitled to salary for Monday, September 12
• Will be entitled to claim for ground transportation to travel to and from the venue and a lunch allowance
• Hotel accommodation will not be provided
Participants that reside more than 60 kilometres from the venue will be considered in travel status which means the following costs will be covered:
• salary for Sunday (if Sunday is a scheduled work day and depending on time required to travel), Monday and Tuesday (depending on time required to travel)
• Travel costs, including ground transportation;
• Meal and incidental allowances (except those provided) as per the PSAC Travel Policy;
• Hotel accommodation costs
Accommodation for Disabilities
The PSAC Accommodation Policy strives to ensure that PSAC events are barrier-free for members with disabilities. Once selected as a participant, members will be asked to specify their accommodation needs in order to facilitate their participation at the PSAC Yukon Regional Mobilization Summit.
The objective of the PSAC Family Care Policy is to remove one of the barriers which prevents members from participating fully in Union activities and which provides for the reimbursement of family care expenses. A copy of the policy is available on the PSAC website at www.psacunion.ca/family-care-policy.
On-site childcare is intended to remove a barrier to participation at the Summit and is provided only for those who could not otherwise attend, had the service not been available. Requests must be received no later than August 12, 2022.
PSAC policies: Anti-harassment, scent-free, and smoke-free environment
During the Summit and at all events associated with the Summit, the PSAC Anti-Harassment, Smoke-free Environment and Scent-free Environment policies will be in effect. Please refrain from using scented products of any type.
Selection of Participants
If you are selected as a participant to this Summit, you will be advised by email and/or telephone. It is important that you provide contact information that you will have access to during the months of August-September 2022.
For further information or assistance, call the PSAC Whitehorse Regional Office at 867-457-0021 or email PSACWhitehorseRO@psac-afpc.com
Leave a voicemail or email message and someone will get back to you.
We look forward to the upcoming PSAC Yukon Regional Mobilization Summit! Please use the form below to apply.
The registration deadline is Friday, August 19, 4PM Yukon Time.
Register online below: