NWT Committee Executive Training
March 4 - March 5
9 am - 5 pm
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THIS TRAINING.
PSAC North Regional Committees are an integral part of your union and the regional structure. Committees promote Social Justice, Human Rights and Equity issues. Committee work can have a direct impact in the workplace and the community at large.
If you are currently active or interested in guiding your union through committee involvement to tackle these important matters, please consider registering for the PSAC North NT Committee training.
Participants will learn to:
- Recognize and promote the importance of committee work
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of committee members
- Run effective meetings and understand the mechanics of committee administration
- Recruit and retain volunteers
- Plan an event with consideration to the goals and objectives of the committee
Preference will be given to current Committee Executives and Local Executives to attend this intermediate training. Consideration can be given to other PSAC members that have an interest in becoming active in working with a committee if there are any remaining spots available.
This training will take place over the course of 2 days. Training dates are scheduled for March 4 and 5, 2024.